Reading over the Summer holidays is so important.
We have Mammoth Activities, which include craft, movies, NGV Kids on Tour, robotics and much more. Click here to download the program.
All children need to do is read!
As they read, they can collect stickers, swap cards and flying disks. Then they can go into the draw to win great prizes such as an a zoo membership, book vouchers and games.
How to Join:
To register either:
- fill in the form below and visit your local branch to pick up a reading kit
(available from Thursday 1 December)
- OR visit your local library.
In the reading kit, there is a Mammoth Book of Challenges which contains a Reading Record. When it is full just return it to the library, grab a new Reading Record sheet and keep reading.
Additional Reading Record sheets are available here. Children can enter as many times as they like. The more times they enter, the more chances to WIN!
Here’s what to do:
- Read a whole book OR read for 15 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Write the name of the book into the mammoth Reading Record.
- After you read three books (or 45 minutes reading), you can collect a swap card.
- After you read six books (or 90 minutes reading) you can collect another swap card.
- After you read ten books (or 150 minutes reading), you can collect a third swap card, as well as a flying disk.
- Write your details on the entry slip and give it to library staff to go in the draw to win prizes.
What should they read?
They can read any books they want: comics, magazines, information books or story books. They can even listen to a book. We have free eAudiobooks you can download.
Can they read with a grown-up?
Yes! It’s great to read with grown-ups. You can read to them, or they can read to you.
When does the competition end?
Please return your Reading Records by 1 February 2017.
Prizes will be drawn and winners advised by 15 February 2017. Also you can pick up your child's certificate at the Finale party or in your local branch throughout February.
What is the grand prize?
It is a Zoos Victoria Roar and Snore: overnight stay at the zoo for a family of four.
Be famous! Share!
Share your artwork, stories and creations by emailing them to the library email@example.com and you might see them on our website.