Your username must be unique, but otherwise you have a great deal of flexibility when you create a username: the name can be up to 24 characters long, and you can use any combination of letters and numbers, as well as underscores ( _ ). It cannot consistent entirely of numbers, use spaces, or contain non-alphanumeric characters.
- The best username is one that is easy for you to remember.
- You can use either your username or your library card number to log in, but a username is easier to remember than a long string of numbers.
- You can’t use your real name to log in, but you can display your real name on the site if you want to.
- You can change your username at any time. Keep in mind that any content you added previously will show your new username.
- If you change your PIN and log in using the old system, you’ll need to use your new PIN.
- An email address is optional. Your email address is used only to communicate with you about your account. If you don’t provide an email address, communication about your library account will go to your Account Inbox.
- Multiple library accounts can use the same email address if necessary.
- Selecting a preferred library is useful for sending your holds to the nearest location.
- As long as you know your old PIN, you can change it at any time