Become a Member
Yarra Plenty Regional Library provides a FREE library membership to any person in Victoria.
Can't visit a branch and wish to only use our online resources (eLibrary)?
Fill in our Digital Membership form for instant access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines (and more) immediately!
Upgrade to a Full Membership at any time.
Getting a Library Card (Full Membership)
There are 2 ways to become a Full Library Member:
- Visit a YPRL branch or Mobile Library to apply and you will receive a card to use straight away!
- Apply for a Digital Membership and (start using our eLibrary straight away) then take a form of ID into a library branch to upgrade to a Full Membership and be able to borrow physical items.
Benefits for ALL Library Members:
- Use of our eLibrary including:
- You can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- You can download eMagazines
- You can stream or download digital music
- Unlimited streaming of documentaries and indie films
- Unlimited access to online video tutorials
- Learn languages and technological skills with online tools
- Play educational games
- Use of our website for quick and efficient item searches and find recommended reading list
- Use of internet-connected PCs at any library branch
- Use of printing or photocopying services within the branch (for a fee)
- Access free WiFi at all of our branches
- Attend events like an author talk, technology or craft workshop, and lots more
Benefits for FULL Library Members only:
- Borrowing up to 30 items for 3 weeks at a time. (Including: Books, Audiobooks, Magazines, DVDs, CDs, and items in 18 different languages.)
- You can renew items online, at a library branch or over the phone. If you forget, our system will automatically renew them on the due date (a maximum of two times)
- There are no late fines accrued on any borrowed items
- You can request 10 items at a time for collection at your preferred YPRL branch (holds)
YPRL has many different types of memberships available: Full (Adult or Under 18), Digital, Temporary and Organisational. Find out more here.