Lynda.com – all the knowledge you need to start your own business via your Library card.
Are you thinking of starting your own business? Then access to a series of short videos, checklists and articles on Lynda.com can help you develop your business plan.
Here is how to take the first step with the short, sharp tips. Evaluate your business idea and make sure you make the cut for an entrepreneur lifestyle with these short videos.
REMINDER: Unlimited access to Lynda.com is free for library members! Log in with your membership number here first.
Do I have the Entrepreneurial Traits to Start a Business?
- Are you an Entrepreneur? Whitney Johnson (3 mins)
- Embracing the Challenge of Entrepreneurship Dave Crenshaw (4 mins)
How do I identify a New Business Idea?
- Finding a Problem to solve. Whitney Johnson (3 mins)
Does my hobby have the potential to be a profitable business?
- Determining whether you have a business of a hobby. Whitney Johnson (3 mins)
How do I identify the customers for my new business?
- Analyzing your customers. Drew Boyd (3 mins)
How do I choose which kind of business to start?
- What is freelancing? Tom Gellar (2 mins)
- Deciding between online vs brick and mortar Whitney Johnson (4 mins)
How do I establish prices for my Business Product / Service
- Setting prices for services and products Dave Crenshaw (3 mins)
Have I completed all the steps for building a business model?
PDF for download: Exercise files for entrepreneurship foundations by Whitney Johnson
How can I minimize risk before pouring my life savings into a business idea?
- Testing your business concept by Dave Crenshaw (3mins)
Looking for more face-to-face business mentoring and development. We have some events coming up in July and August that might help you. See here.