Membership is free. You can join the library at any of our nine branches or our mobile library, or by filling out our online membership form. You can use your library card at any of our libraries and the mobile library service and online in the e-Library.
If you apply for your card in person you’ll get it on the spot, and can start using it straight away. Please bring identification that shows your name and current address: either one piece of photographic information like a such as a driver’s licence or passport, or two pieces of other suitable identification, such as a rate notice, or telephone account.
If you apply for a virtual membership you will need to provide proof of name with a traceable form of ID. This membership allows in-library PC use and use of the WiFi network, and borrowing from the e-Library, but does not permit borrowing of physical items.
There is no minimum age to join, but if you are under 18 your card will require the signature of a parent or guardian. Please download this Under 18 Membership Form, fill it out, and bring it to the library. Your parent or guardian will need to come too, and bring identification.
Some of the many benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- Borrowing up to 30 items for 3 weeks at a time
- Having holds from other Yarra Plenty Regional Library branches or the mobile library sent to your local library
- Renewing of items online
- Use of our website for quick and efficient item searches
- Using internet-connected PCs at the library
- Getting free online access at our WiFi hotspots