What can YPRL offer for dyslexic children?
- The huge range of Dyslexic children's book via our catalogue
- Storybox Library which is like an online 'reading room'. Your child can be engaged and inspired when they hear and see so many different stories being read aloud by wonderfully engaging storytellers.
- TumbleBooks are e-books which add animation, sound, music and narration to stories. It's a great resource for children and teaches them the joy of reading in an interactive way.
- Kanopy - has an extensive children’s collection of read along storybooks, story time and so much more!
- Audio books on our apps: BorrowBox and Libby
Borrowing digitally from our eLibrary can be of particular benefit, did you know that you can customise font size, screen background (i.e. sepia tone, dark mode), and the font style itself on both Libby and BorrowBox? And one of those fonts you are able to select is the Dyslexia Friendly font! Meaning any book you read digitally through these apps can be changed to accommodate your reading needs and preferences - how cool is that?
Not a Library Member yet?
Register online or pop in to any of our locations!