How to set up and use Victoria’s vaccination check-in app
This step-by-step guide will help you link your Covid certificate to your Services Victoria app.
Before you begin, make sure you have the latest versions of:
• Service Victoria App
• Express Medicare App
If you can’t find your certificate immediately
Your COVID-19 vaccination certificate will appear in your Medicare app up to 10 days after your second vaccine dose. Once your certificate shows, you’ll be able to add it to the Service Victoria app.
Your myGov account
You’ll need to first ensure your myGov account is linked to your Express Medicare App before you begin.
To set up your myGov account:
- Download the myGovID app for Android or Apple devices and link your myGov services through it.
- Sign up at my.gov.au
Setting up your Covid Certificate
- Download or update the Service Victoria app and the Express Medicare app.
- Open the Express Medicare app and select the 'Proof of Vaccinations' button.
- Select 'View History'
- Scroll down the screen. Choose the correct person and select 'Share with check in app'.
- Select 'Service Victoria'.
- Read the terms and conditions, and select 'Accept and Share'.
- A warning will appear, saying you will be redirected to the Service Victoria app. Select 'OK'.
- Your certificate should load in the Service Victoria check-in app and screen.
When you QR check-in to the library, you will see a green certificate appear, and in your favourite locations, your certificate status will be shown with your saved details.
Currently, only one COVID-19 digital certificate can be linked to each Service Victoria app.
Removing your COVID-19 digital certificate from the Service Victoria app
You can remove your COVID-19 digital certificate at any time. To remove your certificate from the Service Victoria app, navigate to ‘View certificate’ and select ‘Remove’.