You can connect to the Library's free WI-FI in all public areas of the Library. Select 'Library Public WiFi' from the list of available networks. Once you've agreed to the Library's Internet Access Policyopens a new window, you'll then be able to connect to the network and start browsing.
Communications over a wireless network are not secure. Information sent from or to your device can be captured by anyone who has a wireless device and the appropriate software. It's strongly recommended that you:
- install the latest operating system and antivirus security fixes, patches and updates.
- always have your personal firewall software enabled.
- disable file sharing to prevent any malicious users gaining access to your device.
The computers are free to use - you just need a Library card. You can sign up for a Library card onlineopens a new window or when you visit. You will need to accept the Internet Usage Policyopens a new window to use the Library's computers.
If the screen says "AVAILABLE" you can use it now. Computers for general internet browsing are available up to 120 minutes per day. If you require more time, please ask Library Staff if you can extend your time.
All Library computers run Microsoft Office software applications; you can edit and save documents to your USB on these computers.
Make sure to "End Your Session", the computer will then automatically restart. All personal information from your session will be removed from the computer.
Self-Service Printing & Copying
With your Library cardopens a new window you can use the self-service printers and copiers. To add credit to your Library card, use the Coin/Bill Acceptor located in the printing area. Ask Library Staff if you’re using major credit or debit cards if adding credit to your Library card.
You can use your Library or copy card to:
- print in colour or black and white from a Library PC
- copy printed material in colour or black and white
Print from Anywhere
Print emails, attachments, photos, boarding passes, web pages and more from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer to any of the locations below. Download the instruction guide hereopens a new window for more details and instructions.
Select a branch to pick up your printing!
- Diamond Valleyopens a new window
- Eltham Libraryopens a new window
- Ivanhoe Libraryopens a new window
- Lalor Libraryopens a new window
- Mill Park Libraryopens a new window
- Rosanna Libraryopens a new window
- Thomastown Libraryopens a new window
- Watsonia Libraryopens a new window
- Whittlesea Libraryopens a new window