Welcome to YPRL
Yarra Plenty Regional Library (YPRL) is committed providing welcoming and inclusive spaces for everyone in the community.
We ask that all library users respect the rights of others to have a pleasant and safe experience in our libraries. Read more about our Responsible Conduct Policy here.
YPRL provides a free library membership to any person in Victoria. For full details of our membership policy, click here
Alternatively, you can fill out our online membership form, and a library card will be sent to your postal address. You will need to visit a YPRL library branch to activate the membership.
As a member you are able to borrow items from our collection (depending on membership type), access digital resources in our eLibrary (such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, language and technological learning websites, and more), use the public computers (PCs) and Wi-Fi in our branches, and use the equipment within our libraries. For FAQs about borrowing and using the library click here.
Types of Memberships
- Adult membership – for people aged 18 and over. Please bring ID that shows proof of name and current address.
- Under 18 membership – for people under the age of 18. A person aged 18 or over must act as a guarantor for this membership, and their proof of name and current address are required.
- Under 18 Independent membership – for people aged between 16 and 18 who have their own health care card or who live independently. Proof of name and current address is required.
- Temporary membership – for people who are visitors to Victoria or short-term residents. One form of ID is required and the number of items that can be borrowed is restricted.
- Digital membership – available to ALL Victorian residents with ID showing proof of name and address. Under 18s can be issued with this membership subject to a guarantor with proof of name and address ID. No physical items may be borrowed with this membership.
- Organisational membership – available to institutions such as schools, kindergartens, formal child care centres and organisations involved with aged services. Please contact your local YPRL branch for more information.
There is no minimum age to join YPRL.
Identification is required to become a YPRL member. Depending on your type of membership we may require proof of name and address.
By joining, all members agree to abide by conditions as set out in the Membership Conditions handout.
Find out more information on Becoming a Member.