Volunteering is a great way to make a difference and be involved in your community. Yarra Plenty Regional Library relies on the valuable support of all its volunteers throughout Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea who help us everyday to create an Australia where all belong.
Our volunteers are of all ages, and come from different cultural backgrounds and professions.
There are many volunteering options at Yarra Plenty Regional Library, and it’s a fun place to be!
- Collection maintenance support as directed by branch manager
- Assistance in organising and presenting programs
- Specialised program delivery
- Assistance with head office tasks
- Ambassador roles both within branches and outreaching in community
- Home Library service, where materials are delivered to housebound residents.
- Words on Wheels, an interactive storytelling session that takes place in aged care facilities. For this activity, volunteer researchers compile information into kit form for the storyteller to deliver to the residents. Volunteer storytellers facilitate a fun interactive session with seniors in the facility on a monthly basis.
YPRL is currently offering the following volunteer opportunities:
- Home Library to select and deliver to house-bound individuals
- Words on Wheels Storyteller
- Garden maintenance for Diamond Valley Library
- There are also limited branch volunteering openings.
For further enquiries, please contact our Seniors and Volunteers Coordinator, Carolyn Jury, on 9088 3425 or email email@example.com