Yarra Plenty Regional Library is generously supported by the efforts of over 170 enthusiastic volunteers. We value the diversity, skills and experiences that volunteers bring and rely on the valuable support of volunteers throughout Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea to add to the vibrancy and spirit of service we provide our communities. Volunteering is a great way to develop new skills, meet new people, and be involved in your community.
Guidelines for Volunteering with Yarra Plenty Regional Library:
- In most cases you must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer with us
- We strongly encourage you commit to at least 6 months of volunteering with us, outside of unusual circumstances
- Volunteers are appointed through recruitment and selection processes which include relevant security and screening check processes
- It is important you understand and acknowledge that volunteering for YPRL is not a path to employment
- You must be committed to our organisational values and genuinely want to extend and enhance our library services
Current Volunteering Opportunities & How to Apply
There are no current volunteering opportunities available at YPRL. Check the website regularly for new volunteering opportunities. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information on some of the roles we offer.
For further enquiries, please contact the Volunteers Coordinator on email@example.com or call 9088 3441. YPRL is committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued and celebrated, and everyone can bring their authentic whole self to work. We welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Yarra Plenty Regional Library is a committed child safe organisation, and our selection processes include rigorous background checks, reflecting our commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children participating in our programs and visiting our libraries. Child Safe Policy.
See also: Volunteer Policy