Informed creative communities: connected and empowered
We will provide opportunities for our diverse communities to read, learn, create and connect, supported by equitable access to collections, technology, programs and welcoming and safe spaces. We aim to be the 'third space' after home and work or education, and to be regarded as the community lounge room.
Our Focus Areas are as follows:
- Public Participation
- People and Culture
- Infrastructure and Innovation
- Finance and Governance
We aim to:
- provide free access to dynamic collections which inform and delight.
- inspire our diverse communities to participate in empowering activities and learning opportunities.
- invest in our people and culture because they are the heart of everything we do.
- advocate for greater awareness of and investment in the powerful and transforming story of our public libraries.
- create innovative digital and physical infrastructure to deliver sector leading services.
- optimise public value through sustainable financial management and governance.