Read with me
Read with me is Yarra Plenty Library’s newest free program for parents/caregivers with their pre-school age children (ages 0-5). Give your child a great start and enjoy an hour of special time spent reading, playing, laughing and learning together. The Reading Rover brings Read with me from the library to a venue near you.
- Tips for developing your child’s or baby’s early literacy skills
- Small group size – perfect for meeting other parents
- Music and rhymes
- Fantastic stories
- Puppets, bubbles, ribbons, parachutes, musical instruments or scarves to play with together
- Terrific books to look at or borrow
Join an existing program (text or call the Reading Rover on 0427 913 100 or email email@example.com
New groups or centres**
Are you: • A professional working in the Early Years field?
- The coordinator of a child-friendly venue interested in helping your local community by hosting a seven or four week program?
- A member of a group who is interested in the program?
Read with me can visit established groups such as playgroups, children’s centres, community centres, parent groups or early intervention settings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your group or venue.
**Note that only locations within the Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea local government areas are eligible to receive this service. Priority is given to isolated, disadvantaged and vulnerable areas and groups.
For more information, text or call the Reading Rover on 0427 913 100 or email email@example.com.