The Design Maker Space aims to encourage the creative interests of the community, and features equipment and software to foster creative skills in graphic design, craft, jewellery, industrial design, paper craft, photography, virtual reality and web design. Evolving displays that showcase the work produced through the Design Maker Space by the community and local artists can be found in the library.
- Emblaser2 Laser Cutter is a precision cutting and engraving tool that works on cloth, cardboard, paper, leather and wood. It is ideal for creating 3D models, jewellery, decorative objects and more.
- UpMini2 3D printer allows for precision printing with layers of plastic filament.
- Adobe Creative Cloud includes a number of programs to unleash and perfect digital files, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Epson Photograph Scanner
How can you access this Maker Space?
This Maker Space is small in size, but full of big ideas! The Maker Space is located on the Mezzanine level of Ivanhoe Library and contains all the design equipment and craft materials needed. The Training Room on the top floor will be where all computer-based design work takes place.
More information on the sessions, workshops and events run by the Maker Space team are in the What’s On @YPRL events brochure, under the events listings on the website or speak to one of Ivanhoe Library’s friendly staff. Some events may require bookings.
Keep up to date by following our Design Makerspace Facebook page.
- Workshop Wednesdays (Ages 15+) each week a different project or training session will take place on a Wednesday afternoon or evening. These workshops will focus on learning how to use specific software or how to create a design object. Examples include retouching images in Photoshop, laser cutting Jewellery, and 3D printing objects.
- Maker Drop-In (Adults) come along to our regular drop-in sessions, meet like-minded makers and work on your own projects. It is recommended you complete one of our workshops before attending these sessions.
- Adobe Anytime (Ages 15+) contact the library to book a time to use the Adobe Creative Cloud programs in the Training room during opening hours.
- Photo Digitize Anytime (Ages 15+) book a time to use the photo scanner in our training room.
Laser Cutting and 3D Printing:
*Due to the closure of Ivanhoe Library all Maker Space submissions are closed until further notice.
If you'd like to submit a file for laser cutting or 3D printing you can do so by:
- Filling out an Application Form (Please download the form then fill it out otherwise the data will not save)
- Email your Application Form and file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lynda.com where you will find excellent online tutorials relating to the Design Maker Space. Log in for free with your library card and pin.