- You may borrow up to 30 items per library card.
- The loan period for all items is 3 weeks.
- An item can be renewed twice, as long as no-one else has requested it.
If you do not return or renew items by the due date you will be charged 30c per item per day until the item is returned, up to a maximum of $50 per borrower and $20 per item.
Please note that children’s and teen items do not accrue late fines.
YPRL automatically renews any books twice, if you are signed up for EMAIL or SMS notifications.
If you have opted-in for EMAIL notifications, we will send you a courtesy email two days before your items are due. You can add or update your email address by logging into the website, going to the My Settings section and filling in the email address field.
If you have opted-in for SMS notification, we will send you a courtesy SMS 2 days before your items are due. You can add or update your mobile phone number by contacting or visiting your local library branch.
If an item is held at another library, or all the copies are on loan, you can request a ‘hold’ be placed so the item will come to you.
You can have 10 items on hold at a time, and keep track of what you have requested and where you are in the hold’s queue through your online account.
Using your library card number and PIN you can access or download a number of digital resources.
eBooks & eAudiobooks
- You can borrow up to 10 items on Libby/Overdrive for either 7, 14 or 21 days. The Libby App is available on the App Store or Google Play.
- You can borrow up to 10 items on Bolinda for 21 days. The Bolinda App, called Borrow Box, is available on the App Store or Google Play.
- You can download digital copies of your favourite magazines using RB Digital website. The RB Digital App is available on the App Store or Google Play.
eMusic & eMovies
- You can download 3 songs per week using Freegal. The Freegal App is available on the App Store or Google Play.
- You can stream documentaries and indie films through Beamfilms.
- You can access over 130,000 videos on topics from building your own website, song writing, coding, photography, and more on lynda.com.
Language Learning Online
- If you are looking to improve your English reading, listening and writing skills you can access Road to IELTS. The Road to IELTS App is available on the App Store or Google Play.
- If you want to learn or improve your vocabulary and grammar in over 100 languages/dialects, you can access Transparent Language Online (ByKi). The ByKi App is available on the App Store or Google Play.