Can’t find what you are looking for? If you need something we don’t have in our collection, we can probably get it from another library, which is known as an Interlibrary Loan. We have access to many interstate library collections through Libraries Australia and other public libraries in Victoria through LibraryLink Victoria.
If the item is very new (i.e. published in the last year) it is not eligible for Interlibrary Loan. Please suggest items like this for Yarra Plenty Regional Library (YPRL) to purchase, which can be done through your online account, or contact your local YPRL branch. Rare books, and other items, may not be available for an Interlibrary Loan or may only be read at the library where the item is housed.
There is a $10 service charge for Interlibrary Loans and other charges from the lending library may also apply.
How to Get Started
To make an Interlibrary Loan request:
- Sign in to LibraryLink: The ‘User ID’ is your library card number, and the ‘Password’ is your library PIN
- Select ‘Yarra Plenty Regional Library Service’ from the drop down menu
- Enter the title, author or artist of the item you’re looking for in the Search Term box, then click the blue Search button.
- Locate the correct item and check it is in the format you require (i.e. Book, DVD, etc.)
- Click the Get It! button to the right of the page
- Check the information is correct, and then enter a minimum of $10 into the ‘Amount willing to pay’ box. Leaving this box blank will mean that your request will not be processed.
- Select which YPRL branch you would like to pick up the item and click the blue Request button.
You can log into LibraryLink Victoria’s webpage to track the status of your Interlibrary Loan under My Request link to the left of the screen.
If you need help at any stage please visit or contact your nearest YPRL branch for assistance.
Because LibraryLink and its participating libraries are not governed or answerable to Yarra Plenty Regional Library (YPRL), we cannot be held responsible for the loans requested by our users. If you use the service, you may incur fees from other libraries which must be paid on your YPRL card.
Cost of Service
NEW: Changes to Interlibrary Loan fees.
From 1 April 2020 there will be a 9.5% increase in the Interlibrary Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code recommended basic fee. The new fees are:
- $28.50 for core loans including normal delivery
- $18.50 for photocopies - electronic or postal delivery (max. of 25 pages; additional pages incur extra charges)
There is an additional $10 YPRL service charge for Interlibrary Loans which is extra to the lending library charges listed above. Fees are payable when you pick up the item, and must be paid even if you decide you no longer require the item. Fees appear as a charge on your library card.
One renewal per item is permitted, but the request must be submitted before the due date to avoid incurring overdue charges.
Make sure to return the book strap (the plastic sleeve with YPRL barcode) attached to materials. A fee of $5.00 applies for a lost/non-returned book strap.
Other libraries have their own conditions regarding loans, so make sure to check how long you can keep their items and the consequences of late returns.
Check out the full Resource Sharing Guidelines for more information.