Get support, feedback and motivation from others who have a passion for writing.
YPRL has several writing groups that meet in various branches. Get writing tips, share your work and get feedback and hear guest speakers.
The groups also sometimes publish anthologies of their work.
Whether you are looking to send to publishers or just enjoy writing as a hobby, these groups are a way of sharing your love of the written word.
Most groups meet monthly. Some have a particular focus.
Current regular groups:
- Diamond Valley Library (Monday afternoon)
- Eltham Library (Thursday night)
- Ivanhoe Library (Thursday night)
- Mill Park Library (Wednesday night)
- Watsonia Library (Thursday night or Friday morning - Memoir writing)
- Whittlesea (Wednesday afternoon)
Plus there is a Young Writers Group (9+) at Watsonia Library (Tuesday after school).
See the events section, opens a new window for details of upcoming sessions, or contact your local branch.