What does wellness mean to you? One definition says that wellness is actively aspiring to being in a state of good health. Wellness, including physical and mental, is something we can consciously work towards.
Lynda.com is an online learning service that offers a variety of video tutorials from experts – free with your library card! There are so many topics and skills to choose from and you can learn at your own pace – complete a course or just watch a bite-sized chunk!
Interested in wellness?
Thrive is a 6-part series by Arianna Huffington focusing on wellness including:
- Discovering meditation and sleep
- Learning How to Unplug and Recharge
- Setting Priorities and Letting Go
- Facing Challenges with Gratitude and Forgiveness
- Igniting Joy through Presence and Wonder
- Understanding the Link between Giving and Success
Arianna Huffington is a business woman and best known as the founder of The Huffington Post – a news and blog site. She has also written 15 books, is the CEO of Thrive Global and has been included in Time Magazine's 100 most influential people list.
Other wellness courses on Lynda include:
- weekly happiness tips
- managing depression in the workplace
- powerless to powerful (taking control)
- career advice from some of the biggest names in business
- balancing work and life
- leading with emotional intelligence
- driving workplace happiness
- preparing for successful communication
- managing stress
- and more.
I’m interested, how do I start?
Shortcut: enter through the YPRL portal. Log in with your library card number and PIN and start learning.
Not already a member. Sign up for a digital membership and you will have unlimited access to Lynda.com in minutes!
Upcoming Wellness event highlights @ the Library