In these trying times, Council is providing extra services for older people who are experiencing new challenges due to the coronavirus. We are encouraging all community members to keep safe, connected and healthy.
Do you, or someone you know, need help with:
- shopping for essential items
- delivered meals
- understanding and accessing other government support
- welfare checks for vulnerable older people
Call us on 9422 8388 for delivered meals or 9457 9972 for all other support service inquiries.
We also continue to offer the following services for older people in Banyule:
- domestic assistance
- personal care
- respite care
- property maintenance
- The Victorian Government is directing all Victorians to stay at home, restricting sporting, cultural, recreational and commercial activities to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you can stay home, you must stay home.
- If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease, (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline: 1800 675 398, open 24 hours, 7 days.
- Keep informed: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/media-hub-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- We have digital mentors who can support you over the phone by using a technological application or device you might be looking to start using, or use in a different way during this time. Contact Lauren, Age Friendly Officer to discuss your area of need: 9490 4365 or Lauren.Brooker@banyule.vic.gov.au
- We can also refer you for support with social phone or video calls, picking up groceries, or accessing your health professional via telehealth where appropriate. Contact Lauren, Age Friendly Officer to discuss your situation: 9490 4365 or Lauren.Brooker@banyule.vic.gov.au
- Banyule Leisure have fitness classes available online, that you can do at home with minimal equipment. Follow along to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IvanhoeAquatic/
- Tune in to Channel 31 at 8.30am on weekdays, for ‘Move it or Lose it’- a daily exercise program for older adults.
Written by Lauren Brooker, Age-Friendly Officer, Banyule City Council