Book Title: The Elegance of the Hedgehog
Author: Muriel Barbery
Freda - For me this book acts like a mirror reflecting the non spoken judgements, attitudes and actions of our society. When a new character is introduced, it changed the story for me into a modern fairy tale with a twist.
- Vicky - at times deep and thought provoking with hilarious one-liners and an "OMG" ending.
- Sonia - I found the book tough going at first, but then Mr Ozu arrived and turned my world upside-down!
Caroline - I enjoyed the book very much. Perhaps too many unnecessarily big words for Renee's character. But maybe that suits her character.
- Catherine - A thought provoking book that will inspire you to think about what is the meaning of life.
- Beth - "Elegance" transported me straight into Parisian life and the lives and minds of the characters. A slow warm that got me hooked and made me care.
- Kathryn - On Hedgehog.....I loved the slow careful reveal of the characters, and while I found some of the more intellectual passages challenging, it was worth pushing myself! I could totally imagine the apartment and dialogue in my head. Very thought provoking and appropriate for either a 40 year old assessing life direction, or a precocious pre-teen beginning it! And any Francophile would love it too