Additional newspapers have been added to New Zealand's Papers Past website.
Papers Past is a collection of digitised historic New Zealand newspapers which offers browsing and full text searching.
The titles and issues now available are:
- Ashburton Guardian (1890-1895, 1897, 1899-1909, 1911-1920)
- Manawatu Standard (1883-1886)
- Manawatu Times (1877-1881, 1883-1884)
- Ohinemuri Gazette (1891-1892, 1896-1921)
- Thames Star (1874-1900)
- Waiapu Church Times (1907-1908)
- Waiapu Church Gazette (1910-1920)
More are to be added in late June, including the addition of the first 10 years of the Lyttelton Times, the first ~40 years of the Otago Daily Times, and the extension of the Evening Post through 1945, the first paper in Papers Past to cover World War II!
Here's a complete list of what will be added in June:
- Poverty Bay Herald (gap: 1902)
- Lyttelton Times (1851-1862)
- Evening Post (July-Dec 1871, 1916-1945)
- Thames Star (1901-1920)
- Albertland Gazette (1862-1864)
- The Colonist (1857-1889)
- Otago Daily Times (1861-1900)
- Waiapu Church Gazette (1921-1945)