There are lots of ways you can find great book recommendations!
The first that comes to mind would be to visit or call your local branch – our librarians are always happy to talk to you about books you’ve enjoyed and help you find some new titles or authors to try.
There are also some great online resources:
- Library members have access to ‘Who Else Writes Like…?’ where you can enter an author and similar authors will be selected based on genre, writing style, setting etc.
- Another one is Literature Map. It doesn’t tell you much about the authors so you have to follow up on the suggestions but it’s quite fun to use.
- Good Reads is an incredibly extensive website that librarians love (their App is great too!) where you can keep track of your reading, discover new authors, see what’s trending and also search for other users recommendation lists – a lot of these will be in the style of ‘If you liked… try this’.
Up close and personal...
- Your local book shop is also a great place to ask for recommended reads or even just signing up to the emails from somewhere like Readings will keep you up to date on the newest releases.
- I also recommend joining a Book Club where you will not only discover like-minded readers but also challenge yourself to step out of your ‘reading comfort zone’ now and then.